FEATURED GRAINS: Freshly Greek
Fennel has amazing nutritional content including fibre, vitamin C, vitamin B-6 and more! This is how a nutritionist makes fennel...
- 1 fennel, stalks and core removedV, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 grapefruit peeled and segmented
- 1/4 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
1. To appreciate the sweet anise taste of fennel and pungent onion, slice thinly with a mandoline.
2. For a little variation, replace grapefruit and orange with grilled peach and nectarine.
3. For an elaborate salad, add in spinach or arugula along with fennel.
4. Check this video on how to cut funnel: youtube.com/watch?v=LW0OCAnBYq8
Comments will be approved before showing up.