Chunky Grilled Vegetable Guacamole
Makes 8 servings Cooking time: 20 minutesCarb exchange: 0 carb exchange
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in 3 long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeds removed, sliced in half
- 1 just ripe avocado, peeled, sliced in half
- ½ small red onion, sliced in half
- 20-30mL lime juice (or juice of 1 lime)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cilantro, minced
- Prepare pan by brushing with canola oil. Preheat pan to medium-high.
- Lightly brush both sides of vegetables with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the canola oil. Place zucchini strips, bell pepper, avocado halves and onion on the pan for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan. Finely dice zucchini, pepper and onion. Place in large bowl. Add avocado and mash in.
- Stir in remaining canola oil, lime juice and cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with whole wheat tortilla chips
1. This homemade dip can lower your daily salt intake by avoiding the hidden salt in most commercial dips.2. Don't be afraid of the 7g of fat per serving -- this mainly comes from the avocado and canola oil healthy fat sources in this recipe.3. Adding grilled vegetables to your traditional guacamole is a great way to pack extra vitamins and nutrients in a delicious snack!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.